About the Field Sketching and Watercolor Experience
Your tour will be unique, partly dependent on weather and season,
but planned opportunities include:
- Take a short hike through the grounds at the Copper River Princess Lodge
- Create a soundscape of the teeming woods using careful listening and sketching
- Sketch a small patch of forest viewed through a shutter frame, using isolation to draw out detail
- Sketch the Wrangell Mountains from an observation deck at the Lodge
- Use watercolor techniques to create an Aspen forest
- Learn some about the land and wildlife of the Copper River Basin
Merge your artistic capabilities with the beauty of the Copper River Basin, and discover what you can create in the unique landscape.
Facilities and Cautions
This tour takes place entirely on the grounds of Copper River Princess Lodge, so facilities are accommodating. Trails are either gravel or bare earth, with folding lawn chairs provided at destination. Observation deck has a bench. As long as the instructions of the guide are closely followed, safety on the premises is easily maintained.
What to Bring on Your Art Tour
What to Bring:
What is Provided: